Question – Would you prefer that your child got their homework mid-week and had to hand it in the following week?

Following some feedback from parents we would appreciate your opinion. Please comment yes or no.

The suggestion is that pupils would get their homework at the end of one week ( I.e. Thursday) and have to hand it in the following week (for example Tuesday or Wednesday, so there was time over the weekend to complete it.

This was suggested as a result of our pupils being involved in clubs after school.

Post Author: Walker Road

34 thoughts on “Question – Would you prefer that your child got their homework mid-week and had to hand it in the following week?

Kitty

(29th January 2016 - 10:09 am)

Yes this seems like a great idea as a lot of child have activities on after school.

Miss Graham

(31st January 2016 - 9:55 am)

Thank you for your comment we really appreciate your opinion.

Amanda

(30th January 2016 - 5:16 pm)

No I think that weekends are busy enough and they should be a chance to be a break from school, I don’t think my child would be as interested in doing homework at the weekend and it would be a struggle to get them to concentrate. their opinion on it is that “weekends should be fun”

Miss Graham

(31st January 2016 - 9:54 am)

Thank you for your comment – we really appreciate your views.

Kerry

(31st January 2016 - 4:03 pm)

Yes I would prefer this as I work until 5.30 and don’t get home until 6.30 and by the time my son gets home I don’t have much time to do it before his bedtime so would be great to have time to sit and do it during the weekend 🙂

Miss Graham

(31st January 2016 - 4:53 pm)

Thank you for your comment. We appreciate your opinion

Melanie

(31st January 2016 - 4:03 pm)

I agree with Amanda, I would prefer weekends to be kept free for my child to have a break from schoolwork

Miss Graham

(31st January 2016 - 4:53 pm)

Thank you. We appreciate your opinion.

Jennifer

(31st January 2016 - 4:04 pm)

No, i think weekends should be about them getting a break from doing school work, i like to think of weekends as time we get to spend as a family and having fun and not worrying about having to do homework

Miss Graham

(31st January 2016 - 4:54 pm)

Thank you for your comment. We appreciate your opinion.

Kayleigh

(31st January 2016 - 4:05 pm)

Yes I think that is a great idea as during the week parents work, the kids have have activities and I know that we are always pushed for time through the week! If they got to do there homework at the weekends my daughter would have more time to do it and wouldn’t need to rush it!

Miss Graham

(31st January 2016 - 4:54 pm)

Miss Graham

(31st January 2016 - 4:58 pm)

Thank you. We really appreciate your opinion.

Natalia

(31st January 2016 - 4:09 pm)

Yes, sometimes my daughter is too tired to do homework after school, because we have other activities . Also good idea if they could start doing their homework in the afterschool club.

Miss Graham

(31st January 2016 - 4:55 pm)

Beata szamotulska

(31st January 2016 - 4:30 pm)

Tak.Wydaje mi sie ze to jest bardzo dobry pomysl.

Miss Graham

(31st January 2016 - 4:59 pm)

Dziekuje Ci bardzo.

Katerina

(31st January 2016 - 4:49 pm)

I would like to keep weekends free as we have saturday fully booked with activities and other language learning and sunday is a deserved day off for parents and children.

Miss Graham

(31st January 2016 - 4:59 pm)

Thank you very much. We appreciate your opinion.

Bianca

(31st January 2016 - 5:16 pm)

No. I work till 5.30 but we still find time to do his homework in the evening. The weekends are far too busy with family visits and activities as it is the only time we have together. Homework over weekends would really hamper our time together. Out on the Monday and in on the Thursday gives plenty time to do it!

Miss Graham

(31st January 2016 - 6:41 pm)

Emma

(31st January 2016 - 5:41 pm)

Yes. I think it is a good idea. I do agree kids should have the weekend off, but this way it gives you the opportunity of either.

Miss Graham

(31st January 2016 - 6:41 pm)

Thank you for your comment. We appreciate your comment.

Louise

(31st January 2016 - 9:36 pm)

I think this is a better idea, by the time I pick my child up from after school club, get home, make tea, take her to her club, bathed ect… its bedtime. Then trying to get her to do her homework is a challenge. She says she doesnt want to do it as shes been doing work all day at school and shes tired. Least at the weekend theres more time, wont be so rushed and they might put more effort into it since they have had a rest inbetween. Thanks

Miss Graham

(31st January 2016 - 9:42 pm)

Michele

(1st February 2016 - 3:24 pm)

Maybe a mixture of both, given that activities can happen through the week and at weekend. If as current homework is given out on a Monday and has to be returned on a Thursday then you can plan the week accordingly. Currently my child gets reading over the weekend and I think this is fine. I think the way his teacher delivers the homework is very well planned and gives them time to undertake it throughout the week.

Miss Graham

(1st February 2016 - 8:37 pm)

Vanessa

(3rd February 2016 - 1:35 pm)

Getting homework on a thursday to be handed in following week would be ideal

Miss Graham

(3rd February 2016 - 8:05 pm)

Thank you for your comment.

Sarah

(3rd February 2016 - 4:20 pm)

I think they should get homework twice a week on a Monday to be handed in on a Thursday then get more on a Thursday to be handed in on a Monday.

Miss Graham

(3rd February 2016 - 8:05 pm)

Thank you for your comment.

Kathleen

(7th February 2016 - 4:07 pm)

I think it would be a great idea gives you the the opportunity to do it at weekend or on school night which ever suits the child/family needs

Melaney

(7th February 2016 - 10:18 pm)

I think a Thurs would be much better as you can set aside an hour or so to do it , my daughter has activities mon/tues/weds so is always tired and find it hard to squeeze it in!

Danka

(8th February 2016 - 8:15 am)

Yes, it is a great idea . If homework would be given in the example . On Thursday the child would have the time and in the week and over the weekend. I can not sit with my ​​daughter to her lessons to help us remain only on weekends.